1) I am currently in my final year at university. Am I eligible to apply for FSTEP?
To be eligible to apply for FSTEP, an applicant must complete his/her undergraduate education and obtain the final academic results before the commencement of the programme.
An undergraduate who has completed his/her academic studies but at the time of application is still undergoing industrial training (during the last semester) as part of his/her requirements for graduation purposes is also eligible to apply. However, he/she should have completed the industrial training and obtained the results of the industrial training when FSTEP commences.
2) Is FSTEP, a full-time or part-time training programme?
FSTEP is a full time 3-month intensive training programme. Participants are required to attend training sessions from 8.30am – 4.30pm during the weekdays.
3) Does FSTEP consider graduates with non-finance qualifications? For example, psychology, engineering, computer sciences.
We consider graduates with finance and non-finance qualifications, provided they meet our admission requirements.
4) How much do I need to pay to join FSTEP?
FSTEP does not charge any fees. In fact, upon joining FSTEP, participants will be paid a minimum allowance of RM 2,600 per month by the sponsoring financial institutions.
5) I am from Penang. Can I attend the programme in Penang?
FSTEP is conducted only in Kuala Lumpur.
6) Do I have to sign a bond? If yes, how long?
Generally, a participant will be bonded throughout the 3-month training programme. A participant who withdraws during the training programme will be required to reimburse a sum of money to the sponsoring financial institution as stated in the contract/ Letter of Offer signed by the participant with the sponsoring financial institution.